David went out of town last week. Originally I thought that would give me some time in the evenings to blog, but after the first day of 14 hours with my four little bundles of energy, I realized that by the time 9pm rolled around I was ready to go to sleep. And when Daddy is out of town the big kids get to sleep in my bed, so there was no elbow room for typing. So, I apologize for staying away so long. If any of you had come over to play with my kids I could have shared a few recipes last week, but to make it up to you I am posting two tonight, in honor of this awesome pizza craze we are having around here.
I don’t usually pull out “the bomb”, but sometimes it just the only word that works. Such is the case here with “The Bomb Bacon BBQ Chicken Pizza”.
- Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- BBQ Sauce (use your favorite)
- Whole Roasted Chicken
- Yellow Onion
- 3 slices of Cooked Bacon
- Gouda Cheese (about 16oz)
- Cilantro for garnish
- Leave pizza dough out for about 1hr to soften
- Roast chicken early in the day so that the meat is cool enough to pull off the bones.
- Separate into small pieces and pour BBQ sauce in. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread pizza dough and set on wax paper
- Smooth out some BBQ sauce on dough
- Arrange chicken, sliced onion and bacon crumbles
- Top with freshly shredded gouda cheese
- Bake on 500 for about 12min
You will notice that I don’t give any details on my pizza dough. I am currently using the dough that they make fresh at Whole Foods. It’s one of the shortcuts I need right now and I am trying not to feel guilty about it. I can make my own dough and so can you, but right now I am really enjoying bringing it home from the store.