Now that Judah is playing baseball and we are out on the field every weekend I know that eventually my kids are going to catch a whiff of the concession stand and wonder what little snacks are being served up. They will understand that nothing is natural and everything has artificial flavor and/or colors, but the allure will be too strong for them to resist. It’s just the magic of the atmosphere of a baseball game.
So, I have a plan! Every game day I am going to have a special treat to redirect their concession stand wanderlust to what’s waiting at home for them.
This weekend that concession stand didn’t stand a chance!!! I took one of its very own treats and remixed it – all organic, homemade, absolutely reminiscent of one of my favorite ice cream bars. Snickers.
These are everything you love about Snickers Ice Cream bars and more. Because you get to decide how many peanuts, how much caramel and how much chocolate. I didn’t skimp and I trust you won’t either.
Begin with your favorite organic vanilla ice cream. We love Alden’s, but Publix Greenwise is really good also.
Let it rest on the counter for about 10min and empty into a mixing bowl
Stir until spreadable. Transfer into 2 bread pans and freeze for about 1hr
Top with chopped cashews or peanuts (I did one of each) and homemade caramel sauce. Freeze for another hour. While that is freezing, make chocolate sauce.
Use a rubber spatula to gently lift the ice cream “bar” out of the pan. And set on a wax paper lined baking sheet (make sure if can fit into your freezer). Cut into 1″ bars.
And drip melted chocolate all over the top, knowing that you are an awesome mom!
And your kids love you SO much!
And your husband is really impressed
And your going to have one now and one later.
*Keep out of reach of children!
Prepare for the crowd to go wild! Mama knocked it outa’ the park!
- 1 carton of vanilla ice cream
- 1 large bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup roasted peanuts roughly chopped
- Caramel sauce (recipe below)
- Caramel Recipe:
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- ½ stick butter
- Pinch of salt
- Put all ingredients into a small sauce pan on med-low and whisk. Allow to bubble and thicken while you continue whisking. It will take about 7min. Set aside and let cool.
- Let ice cream soften and empty into a mixing bowl. Stir and spread into 2 bread pans
- Freeze for 1hr
- Remove and sprinkle generous amount of peanuts on top of the ice cream and drizzle with caramel.
- Freeze for 1hr
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil, mixing well. Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and carefully remove the ice cream from bread pans with a plastic spatula (go outbid the edges, breaking the ice cream free from all 4 sides, then shimmy spatula under and slowly slide and lift. Take your time.)
- Cut into 1" bars and seperate slightly.
- Drizzle with (a lot of) chocolate sauce.
- Freeze one last time until chocolate hardens.