Salsa is one of those things that I grew up thinking was only available in a store bought jar – mild, medium or hot. I can’t say that I ever really enjoyed it until I made my own. Then I became a mother and realized that I could feed my kids a bowl full of fresh tomatoes, raw onion and garlic, cilantro, fresh squeezed lime juice and jalapeños, then give it a fun name “salsa”, because everyone likes to say “salsa”!
It’s a power house of immune boosting, vitamin C rich foods and it’s delicious!
- 1 box of cherry tomatoes
- ¼ small purple onion cut into chunks
- 1 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 jalapeño pepper (this is how you get to decide mild, medium or hot, so use as much of that pepper as you can handle).
- 1 tsp of sea salt (this is also a preference, so add more if you'd like)
- ½ teaspoon of raw sugar
- Pile all ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and pulse a few times until desired consistency is reached.